An Improved Version Of A Studio/Stage Classic!
With new useful features, improved technical specifications, ease of use and available accessories, AKG's C 414 B-XL II launches the next generation of AKG microphone quality. This update of a classic microphone maintains its distinctive timbre especially designed for recording or live reproduction of solo vocals and solo instruments.
AKG C 414 B-XL II at a Glance:
High sensitivity, low self noise for ultimate accuracy
- High sensitivity and extremely low self noise
- Five switchable polar patterns for placement and application flexibility
- Elastic capsule suspension greatly minimizes structurally-transmitted noise from chassis vibration
The C 414 B-XL II is designed to provide high sensitivity (23 mV/Pa [-33 dBV] 0.5 dB) for maximum response to any audio source. Its extremely low self-noise characteristics (6 dB-A [0 dB preattenuation], A-weighted) make it ideal for the most delicate source recording or the most demanding onstage application.
Five switchable polar patterns give you the mic you need, when you need it!
With your choice of omnidirectional, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, or figure eight patterns, the C 414 B-XL II will quickly become one of the most-used mics in your collection! And verifying your selected pattern is easy: a two-color LED provides a quick visual indication of the current pattern. Plus, an additional output overload LED gives you an immediate warning of mic clipping situations.
Elastic capsule suspension for minimal structurally-transmitted noise
AKG has almost completely eliminated structurally-transmitted vibrations that interfere and color the sound, thanks to a new elastic capsule suspension system. This ensures the C 414 B-XL II is as free of mechanical noise and vibration as possible.
All of these improvements to the C 414 B-XL II are answers to requests from ever-demanding recording studios, broadcast stations and concert engineers, but AKG has accomplished them without altering the basic sonic character that makes the legendary C 414 one of the most in-demand mics in the business!
AKG C 414 B-XL II Features:
- 1-inch large-diaphragm pressure gradient microphone
- High sound pressure level capability and wide dynamic range
- Completely immune to electrostatic and electromagnetic interference from digital gear, computer monitors, etc. thanks to solid metal housing and transformerless output stage
- Three switchable bass cut filters and three pre-attenuation pads with LEDs for quick visual indication
- All switchable components operate in low impedance circuits for ultra-high reliability even in extremely humid conditions
- Includes professional shock mount/stand adapter, external pop filter and external windscreen
- Also available in matched stereo pairs