Audio Technica AT2040 Hypercardioid Dynamic Podcast Microphone
The rugged AT2040 dynamic microphone brings professional broadcast-quality sound and style to podcasters and other content creators at an accessible price!
Shipping Note: Due to size and/or weight specifications, there is an additional shipping fee of that will be added during checkout.
Shipping Note: Due to limited availability of this product, there is an additional shipping fee of that will be added during checkout.
Free Shipping Over $99 Lower 48 States*
- One Day Delivery to PA and FL!
No Tax Outside CA, FL and PA!
Items included in this bundle
Taking cues from our BP40 broadcast microphone, the rugged AT2040 dynamic microphone brings professional broadcast-quality sound and style to podcasters and other content creators at an accessible price. The mic’s multistage windscreen combines a nonwoven filter with foam mesh to provide superior internal pop filtering, while its integrated shock mount prevents unwanted noise by attenuating vibration from a boom arm or mic stand. The highly directional pickup (hypercardioid) keeps the sound focused on your voice and helps to minimize unwanted room noise, ensuring professional-quality broadcasts.
The microphone comes with a pivoting stand mount, 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter, and a soft protective pouch.
Integrated Shock Mount
Quiet, Professional Performance
The mic features a specially designed, integrated shock mount that tames any noise, shock and vibration that might be transmitted through a mic stand, boom or mount.
Internal Pop Filter
The AT2040’s multistage foam mesh windscreen includes a nonwoven filter to allow close-up use without annoying pops.
Highly Directional Pickup
Perfect Podcasting Mic
Hypercardioid polar pattern provides maximum vocal isolation for professional-quality sound.
- Dynamic microphone delivers warm, assertive broadcast sound that’s perfect for podcasting
- Large diaphragm for smooth, natural sound and low noise
- Multistage foam mesh windscreen provides superior internal pop filtering
- Integrated shock mount attenuates noise, shock and vibration transmitted through mic stands, booms and mounts
- Hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear for maximum vocal isolation
- Includes pivoting stand mount, 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter, and a soft protective pouch
Polar pattern Hypercardioid
Frequency response 80-16,000 Hz
Open circuit sensitivity -53 dB (2.2 mV) (0 dB=1 V/Pa, 1 kHz)
Impedance 600 ohms
Weight 615 g (21.7 oz)
Dimensions 145.3 mm (5.72") long, 52 mm (2.05") maximum body diameter
Output connector Integral 3-pin XLR-M type
Included accessories AT8487 mounting clamp, 5/8”-27 to 3/8”-16, threaded adapter, Pouch
- 1 Pascal = 10 dynes/cm2 = 10 microbars = 94 dB SPL
Why Choose a Dynamic Over a Condenser?
Dynamic Mic Characteristics
- Minimizes room noise – perfect for sonically untreated rooms
- Smooth audio capture with classic warm broadcast sound
- Robust construction with no external power requirements
Condenser Mic Characteristics
- Extremely sensitive – picks up the subtlest sounds in any environment
- Very articulate audio with a detailed high-frequency capture
- Requires external power to operate (phantom or battery)
Your Audio Technica AT2040 Hypercardioid Dynamic Podcast Microphone review
Reviews usually appear on the site within one week of posting. All reviews are checked by an editor to insure they are
relevant and contain appropriate language. We do post negative reviews, as long as they are constructive and do not contain profanity.
The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked the product, but also why. Written comments are required. Be constructive
and specific with your praise or criticism. It will help other people believe you. While we appreciate your time and comments, we
respectfully request that you refrain from including the following in your review:
- Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
- Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
- Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
- Availability, price, or alternative ordering/shipping information.
Reviews are typically posted within three days. All reviews become the sole property of MusiciansBuy, and may be used at MusiciansBuy's