Roland FR18D-BK Diatonic V-Accordion
Clearsonic products are custom made to order and may take additional time to deliver. Call us at 877-778-7845 and we'll be happy to help you!
Most orders placed before 3pm EST ship same day!
Order today before it gets away.
We have more on the way. Order now and we'll keep you updated as to when your order will ship. For more assistance, please call us at 877-778-7845!
Unavailable! We are no longer able to get this product from the vendor. Call us at 877-778-7845 and our staff will assist you in finding a replacement.
Arriving soon! Preorder and reserve yours now! We have placed large orders for this item to ensure early delivery. Your order will ship the same day we receive it from the vendor.
Note: due to the size of this item it does not qualify for free shipping.
Free Shipping Over $99*
No Tax Outside CA, FL and PA!
Items included in this bundle
12 diatonic Accordions In One
Performing accordionists can cover all bases onstage with this one instrument. No matter the song, you can switch instantly between different tonalities and configurations of the keyboard/bass buttons. Diatonic musicians wont have to carry a truckload of accordions onstage anymore! In addition to its amazing collection of virtual accordions, the FR-18 diatonic has other great instruments onboard, all instantly selectable. Choose from orchestral and brass instruments, exotic world instruments, percussion, organs, and more. The User Sets let you load your custom layouts of sounds and settings for instant recall.
Dedicated Acoustic and Orchestral Sounds for Each Set
The FR-18 diatonic comes with eight treble orchestra, three orchestra bass and three orchestra chord sounds that are different for each set. This means that each set (Folk, Classic, Tradition, Organetto and so on) will recall dedicated orchestral sounds relevant to that set. Three user sets allow the musician to customise the FR-18 diatonic with new acoustic and orchestral sounds. Dual mode function allows the accordionist to layer orchestral and accordion sounds for the right hand, so as to extend the melody part.
The FR-18 diatonic comes with a dozen instantly selectable tablatures, making it possible to cover numerous genres without ever having to change accordions! In addition, you can create your own tablatures with a PC/Mac software app (available via free download). With this software, the FR-18 diatonic is truly an open instrument with customizable layouts for the keyboard and bass buttons. Thanks to USB compatibility, its easy to transmit and receive custom tablature sets between computer and accordion.
Performance Style & Comfort
The speaker-less, lightweight body makes the FR-18 diatonic a comfort to wear and play. The long-life battery compatibility lets you roam onstage, free of unnecessary cables and clutter. The classic black finish blends well into any environment; it looks cool and stylish onstage yet elegant in the classiest of settings. In addition, there are exchangeable inlay sheets that let you change the appearance of the instrument. You can also create your own custom-designed inlay sheets and install them easily.
Private or Public
High-quality Roland earphones are included with the FR-18 diatonic package so you can play the instrument right out of the box. Practice at any hour without disturbing neighbors or surrounding environments. When its time to blast, however, plug the FR-18 diatonic into one of Rolands award-winning amplifiers, such as the SA-300 stage amplifier.
- Right hand
- 37 buttons, velocity sensitive, selectable tablature and key
- Left hand
- 18 bass buttons, velocity sensitive, selectable tablature and key (same as for right hand), selectable button chord behavior (full chord or omitted third)
- Real pneumatic detection of bellows pressure (high resolution pressure sensor), bellows resistance regulator
- Max polyphony
- 128 voices
- Wave ROM
- 64 MB of waveforms (8+8 MB expansion sounds)
- 12 accordion Sets, each including: 8 treble registers, 8 orchestral sounds, 4 organ sounds, 3 bass & chord registers, 3 Orchestra Bass registers, 3 Orchestra Chord registers
- Treble reed footages
- Bass reed footages
- Chord reed footages
PBM (Physical Behavior Modeling)
- stopping-reed growl, closing valve noise, left button noise
- Individual reed simulation
- hysteresis threshold, expression curve, pressure-variant filter, pressure-variant pitch deviation
- Reed sound wave switching
- by bellows acceleration, by note repetition speed
- Micro tuning presets
- 15 (Dry, Classic, F-Folk, American L/H, North Europe, German L/H, D-Folk L/H, Alpine, Italian L/H, French, Scottish)
- 8 types
- 8 types, rotary (Slow/Fast) for organ sounds
- Panel switches
- 4 treble registers + ORCHESTRA/ORGAN button, SET/FUNCTION register, 3 bass registers, ORCH. BASS button, ORCH. CHORD button, LEFT REGISTER button, KEY/DEMO button, USER PROGRAMbutton, DRUMS button, TABLATURE button, POWER button
- ORCHESTRA/ORGAN modes
- Solo, Dual
- 12 possible keys (C, C#, D, Eb, E, F, F#, G, Ab, A, Bb, B)
- 12 types,
- Bass & Chord with drum/percussion sounds
- Down, 0, Up (for Treble and Orchestra/Organ), 4 User Program memories
- Power supply
- AC adaptor, Batteries (AA, HR6 Rechargeable Ni-MH x 8)
- Current draw
- 500 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use (using Ni-MH 2000 mAh batteries)
- 5.5 hours
*Actual battery life varies according to usage conditions, the quality of the batteries and the number of charging cycles. Be sure to use only rechargeable Ni-MH batteries.
- OUTPUT jacks (L/Mono, R/Mono): 1/4" phone type
PHONES jack: stereo 1/4" phone type
USB MIDI connector (computer connection)
USB MEMORY connector (storage devices)
MIDI OUT/IN connector (function adjustable via parameter)
DC IN jack
- AC adaptor, Owners Manual, Straps, 1/4"1/4" phone (guitar) cable, Earphones (with 1/8"1/4" adaptor plug), Strip for securing the adaptor, MIDI and/or audio cables, Hexagonal wrench, Replaceable traforo inlay sheets
- Options (sold separately)
- Accordion soft bag
Size and Weight without straps or optional batteries
- Width (W)
- 365 mm14-3/8 inches
- Depth (D)
- 195 mm7-11/16 inches
- Height (H)
- 375 mm14-13/16 inches
- 5.3 kg11 lbs. 11 oz.
All specifications and appearances are subject to change.
Your Roland FR18D-BK Diatonic V-Accordion review
Reviews usually appear on the site within one week of posting. All reviews are checked by an editor to insure they are
relevant and contain appropriate language. We do post negative reviews, as long as they are constructive and do not contain profanity.
The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked the product, but also why. Written comments are required. Be constructive
and specific with your praise or criticism. It will help other people believe you. While we appreciate your time and comments, we
respectfully request that you refrain from including the following in your review:
- Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
- Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
- Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
- Availability, price, or alternative ordering/shipping information.
Reviews are typically posted within three days. All reviews become the sole property of MusiciansBuy, and may be used at MusiciansBuy's