The Ibanez Premium SR5FMDX 5-string electric bass is manufactured with select tonewoods, high-profile electronics and hardware, and dedicated craftsmanship and care. Its Atlas 5-piece panga panga/purpleheart neck provides a well-balanced note attack, along with increased stability and sustain from the KTS titanium reinforcement rods. The birdseye maple fretboard features a unique wood grain and precise tonal character from low to high end, combined with medium-sized frets with premium edge treatment for accurate and comfortable note playing.
Make a visual and sonic statement with the combination of flamed maple and bubinga top and back, enhancing the beauty of the signature shape, and the ash body which delivers a pleasant brightness and rich sustain.
Its sound is driven by a set of Nordstrand Big Break pickups, which cram a meaty split coil into a soapbar-style pickup. The result is a full-bodied, powerful, aggressive tonal texture that still retains the characteristic clarity of single-coil tone with noiseless performance. The EQ bypass control offers precision tonal adjustments, including a switch to choose passive-only operation. When the EQ bypass is activated, the treble tone control knob becomes the global tone control for the passive circuit. Dial into your sound further with the Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ, featuring Boost and Cut for the Mid Control that are each centered on slightly different frequencies—an innovation that delivers a preset range of the most favorable bass tones.
Additional appointments include Gotoh machine heads for super precision and smooth feel, an MR5S bridge with adjustable saddles for specific string spacing, a 3-way Mid frequency switch to change the mid-tone between 250, 450, and 700 Hz and a specially designed gig bag.
- Flamed maple/bubinga top and back with an ash body
- Atlas 5-piece panga panga/purpleheart neck with KTS titanium rods
- Birdseye maple fretboard with 24 medium-sized frets
- Dual Nordstrand Big Break split-coil pickups
- Wood: Multi-piece panga panga/purpleheart
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Pickup configuration: SS
- Neck: Proprietary single coil
- Bridge: Proprietary single coil
- Control layout: Balancer, Volume, Treble Boost/Cut, Mid Boost/Cut, Bass Boost/Cut
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Special electronics: 3-band EQ EQ bypass switch
- Material: Birdseye maple
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 24
- Body Type: Double cutaway
- Body wood: Ash body
- Top wood: Flamed maple/bubinga top and back
- Bridge/Tailpiece: MR5S bridge with adjustable saddles
- Tuning machines: Gotoh machine heads
- Number of strings: 5 string
- Case: Gig bag
- Orientation: Right handed