Epiphone SG Standard '61 Maestro Vibrola (Vintage Cherry)
Featuring the Maestro™ Vibrola and Powered by ProBucker™ Pickups
Shipping Note: Due to size and/or weight specifications, there is an additional shipping fee of that will be added during checkout.
Shipping Note: Due to limited availability of this product, there is an additional shipping fee of that will be added during checkout.
Free Shipping Over $99 Lower 48 States*
- One Day Delivery to PA and FL!
No Tax Outside CA, FL and PA!
Items included in this bundle
The Epiphone SG™ Standard ’61 Maestro™ Vibrola from the new Inspired by Gibson™ Collection recreates the original SG from 1961 with a newly designed 60s style Maestro Vibrola. Featuring a classic mahogany body in a Vintage Cherry finish and powered by ProBucker™ humbuckers with CTS® potentiometers.
Epiphone's ProBucker™ humbucker has quietly become one of the most talked about pickups in the industry. It has fooled experts, vintage purists, and even luthiers who have worked with the best vintage examples from the late 50s and early 60s. Epiphone ProBucker™ humbuckers are the real deal--made with 18% Nickel Silver unit bases and covers, the same alloy used by Gibson at the Kalamazoo factory when the humbucker was first invented.
The use of Nickel Silver reduces the occurrence of eddy currents due to low conductivity and provides a more transparent and crisp output. The size and shape of the bobbins also has a great impact on tonal response. And the bobbins used on ProBucker™ pickups duplicate the size and shape of the gold standard in the industry, Gibson humbuckers. Epiphone ProBucker™ pickups also feature sand cast Alnico II magnets, high quality 4 conductor lead wire, and are vacuum wax potted to eliminate microphonics.
- Body Shape: SG
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Finish: Gloss
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Profile: SlimTaper™
- Scale Length: 24.75" / 628.65mm
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Graph Tech®
- Nut Width: 1.69" / 43mm
- Inlays: Trapezoid
- Joint: Glued in
- Hardware Finish: Nickel
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: LockTone™ Tune-O-Matic™
- Tailpiece: Maestro™ Vibrola
- Tuning Machines: Epiphone Deluxe Vintage machine heads, 18:1 ratio
- Pickguard: Black
- TrussRod: 2-way Adjustable
- Control Knobs: Black Top Hats with metal inserts
- Switch Tip: Cream
- Switchwasher: Black; Rhythm/Treble in Gold hot stamp
- Strap Buttons: 2 - bottom and back of heel
- Mounting Rings: Black; PVC
- Pickup Covers: Nickel
- Neck Pickup: ProBucker™ 2
- Bridge Pickup: ProBucker™ 3
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, CTS® potentiometers
- Pickup Selector: 3-way Epiphone toggle
- Output Jack: 1/4"
Your Epiphone SG Standard '61 Maestro Vibrola (Vintage Cherry) review
Reviews usually appear on the site within one week of posting. All reviews are checked by an editor to insure they are
relevant and contain appropriate language. We do post negative reviews, as long as they are constructive and do not contain profanity.
The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked the product, but also why. Written comments are required. Be constructive
and specific with your praise or criticism. It will help other people believe you. While we appreciate your time and comments, we
respectfully request that you refrain from including the following in your review:
- Profanity, obscenities, or spiteful remarks.
- Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
- Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
- Availability, price, or alternative ordering/shipping information.
Reviews are typically posted within three days. All reviews become the sole property of MusiciansBuy, and may be used at MusiciansBuy's