As an electric guitarist in the '80s, if you wanted to play acoustic on stage there were few options available. In 1987, Yamaha made the first acoustic guitar that could be taken from a guitar rack, plugged in and played at volume, problem free; no more howling feedback, misplaced mics or dreaded extended sound checks.
The latest APX600 and AP600FM models feature a unique under-saddle piezo pickup, the Yamaha proprietary SRT transducer featured in the highly-acclaimed A Series range, a natural tone and the feedback rejection and mix-friendly sound guitarists crave.
Although its style has evolved, the essence of the APX remains the same. Today, it boasts a more natural look, a deeper body for better bass response and greater volume, and a new non-scalloped bracing pattern for a responsive, dynamic tone.
One of the world's best-selling acoustic-electric guitars, the APX600 series introduces an upgraded version with a flame maple top. APX's thinline body combines incredible comfort, easy top-fret access and natural acoustic tone giving APX600FM excellent playability perfectly suited for on-stage performers.
- Flame Maple Top and Nato Back and Sides produces a full and natural acoustic tone
- Thinline Cutaway Body design for exceptional playability
- 25" Scale Length and Narrow String Spacing for enhanced comfort
- New Bracing Pattern for increased bass response
- Abalone Sound Hole Rosette
- Stage-Focused Pickup System for shaping your sound in the mix
- Available in Flame Maple Amber and Tobacco Brown Sunburst
- Flame Maple Amber finish exclusively found at George's Music!