Ovangkol lends exotic flare to the 400 Series with a tone many find similar to Indian rosewood. Follow the fluid lines of the Venetian cutaway, dramatically outlined with contrasting white binding. The Expression System pickup completes the package on the popular 416CE Grand Symphony Acoustic-Electric Guitar. The bold-voiced GS body style, together with an ovangkol/Sitka spruce tonewood pairing, translates into a powerful guitar with impressive tonal breadth and dynamic range.
The timbre of ovangkol, which many find reminiscent of rosewood, combines with the punch of a Sitka spruce top to create a rich tonal tapestry.
The finish used to create this guitar's textured satin back and sides and lustrous gloss top was developed at Taylor for maximum durability and resistance to cold-checking. This ultraviolet-cured finish is also more environmentally friendly than traditional lacquer finishes. Get yours today at George’s Music!
• Type/Shape: 6-String GS
• Back & Sides: Ovangkol
• Top: Sitka Spruce
• Soundhole Rosette: B/W/B
• Neck: Tropical American Mahogany
• Fretboard: Ebony
• Fretboard Inlay: Progressive Dots
• Headstock Overlay: Indian Rosewood
• Nut & Saddle: Tusq
• Tuning Machines: Chrome-plated Taylor Tuners
• Strings: Elixir Medium Gauge Strings with NANOWEB coating
• Number of Frets: 20
• Fretboard Radius: 15"
• Bracing: Standard II (Forward Shifted Pattern)
• Finish: Satin with Gloss Top
• Cutaway: Venetian
• Electronics: Taylor Expression System
• Taylor Black Hard Shell Case Included