The AudioBox 22VSL introduces a new generation of PreSonus USB 2.0 audio/MIDI interfaces that take hardware/software integration to the logical next step. Using your computer CPU and PreSonus Virtual StudioLive (VSL) software AudioBox VSL-series interfaces provide reverb and and delay effects and the same Fat Channel compression limiting semi-parametric EQ and high-pass filter as the PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 digital mixer all with inaudible latency. Now you can monitor and record with or without real-time dynamics processing and EQ!
Whats so great about effects and processing on monitors?
Tracking without hearing effects and signal processing is like playing a video game with your eyes closed. Musicians rely on aural cues when performing and their performance can vary depending on what they hear in their monitors. Adding just the right amount of compression EQ and reverb can make a huge difference in their ability to hear themselves clearly and to experience their performance as if it occurred in a natural space rather than in the artificial sonic environment of the studio. The result is a better performance and ultimately a better recording.
You have plenty of effects plug-ins for your DAW but processing audio with a DAW takes more time than you might think. True were talking milliseconds but its long enough that if you put DAW effects in your studio monitors youll hear the original sound slightly before the processed signal which is very disorienting. That much delay might be acceptable for live gigs where the band is playing together in an ambient space that has natural delay. But you cant record that way in the studio.
Fortunately our engineering wizards have dramatically reduced processing delay in the AudioBox VSL series. The result: dynamics processing EQ reverb and effects that feel real with no audible delay.
And if you like what you hear you can record with AudioBox VSL-series effects too! These are the same high-quality StudioLive 16.0.2 Fat Channel dynamics processors and EQs that professional musicians engineers and producers record with every day.
Great processors are a PreSonus tradition
We didnt invent the first audio interface with effects. We simply did it better and for less money. Sure some interface manufacturers that dont normally make signal processors have added a compressor EQ and a few effects to their interfaces. But the AudioBox VSL series provides all that plus a separate limiter expander and high-pass filterand weve been making high-quality signal processors since 1995. The AudioBox VSL-series Virtual StudioLive (VSL)-based effects and Fat Channel processing have been extensively field-tested and proven popular by tens of thousands of StudioLive-series mixer users including many top professionals.
Of great importance thanks to VSLs drag-and-drop convenience adding processing and creating and loading presets is easy. Pro-level processing and superior ease of use mean youll get better results and have more fun!
High-end sound in a portable roadworthy interface
Bus-powered compact and rugged the AudioBox 22VSL offers two convenient front-panel mic/instrument combo inputs with global phantom power and provides two line-level outputs. It sports the same high-headroom Class A XMAX preamps as the StudioLive mixers and has 24-bit 96 kHz converters with 114 dB dynamic range for clear clean audio. And it boasts PreSonus legendary 120 mW headphone output which is loud enough to explode the oysters in a Po-Boy sandwich. (Be careful with your level control!)
When we tell you we made the AudioBox 22VSL rugged were not fooling! It employs the same heavy-duty steel case as the original AudioBox USBthe unit we famously stomped kicked and drove over with a full-size truck before using it to make a very nice recording. (You can witness this in the video AudioBox USB Built for the Road.) Now thats what we call roadworthy. And this mighty mite fits in just a third of a rackspace and can be screw-mounted to a standard rack tray (not included).
The flexibility and power of software
VSL enables you to easily manage the processing and mixing from your Mac or Windows PC and provides editor/librarian functions making it simple to create and use a library of presets. To get you started weve included the same library of more than 50 Fat Channel presets that comes with StudioLive mixers. These presets were created by professional musicians and engineers and let you instantly set up dynamics processing and EQ for vocals guitar and much more.
Seamlessly integrated with the included Studio One Artist DAW and VSL the AudioBox 22VSL interface works with virtually all Mac and Windows audio-recording software. And unlike most things nowadays its very easy on your budget.
So get the next-generation USB 2.0 interface that gives you real-time low-latency effects; rock-solid construction; and high-end audio for low-end prices: AudioBox 22VSL!
- 24-bit / 96 kHz 2 x 2 USB 2.0 recording interface
- 2 dual-purpose front-panel input channels each with:
- Combo XLR mic and balanced " instrument input
- Class A XMAX mic / instrument preamp
- Individual channel-trim controls with 0 to +35 dBu mic gain range
- 48V phantom power for condenser microphones (global)
- Mixer control (blends the input signal with the computer playback stream for zero-latency monitoring)
- Headphone jack with level control
- Main-output level control
- LED clip indicator for each channel
- Studio One Artist digital audio workstation software included
- Virtual StudioLive (VSL) control software included; manages:
- Near-zero-latency monitoring with extensive signal processing
- 4 x 2 DSP mixer
- StudioLive16.0.2 Fat Channel compressor limiter expander high-pass filter and semi-parametric EQ for each analog input and its DAW return
- 2 stereo effects buses with reverb and delay
- More than 50 Fat Channel DSP presets for enhancing instrument and vocal recordings
- 1 USB 2.0 port
- 2 combo XLR / mic/instrument inputs
- 2 balanced main (L/R) line outputs
- 1 stereo headphone output
- MIDI In/Out
- 24-bit resolution and 44.1 48 88.2 and 96 kHz sampling rate
- Professional-grade A/D/A converters (+114 dBu dynamic range)
- Zero-latency analog monitoring with playback/input Mix control knob
- Mac- and Windows-compatible including Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and Windows 7
- Supports ASIO Core Audio Direct Sound (Windows XP) Windows Audio Session API (Windows Vista and Windows 7)
- 1/3U rack-mountable (with optional 3UMR rack-mounting system)
- Road-rugged construction with all-metal chassis and metal knobs
- Weight 1.6 lb. (0.7 kg)
- Powered via USB busno wall wart!
- Virtual StudioLive (VSL)
- PreSonus groundbreaking control software
- Studio One Artist
- PreSonus revolutionary digital audio workstation with unlimited track count and 4+ GB of 3rd-party resources.