First introduced in Tyros, MegaVoice brings a new level of realism to the PSR-S700 keyboard. The MegaVoices feature various playing techniques and performance sounds such as finger slides and fret noise on guitar Voices designed specifically to enhance playback of the built-in Styles. Simply hold down a chord while you play, and enjoy some of the most astonishingly realist, expressive accompaniment you've ever heard.
PSR-S700 USB Connectivity
* The PSR-S700 has 2 USB ports on the back, USB TO HOST and USB to DEVICE. USB to HOST is plug and play simple for recording and playing back MIDI files from your computer.
* Storage Device USB to DEVICE is for connecting optional peripheral USB devices like floppy disk drives, thumb drives and hard drives for storing data like song and Style files.
Large 5.7" QVGA screen
PSRS700 LCD Display Bigger screens convey more information. The screen on the PSR-S700 is able to show you mixer settings at a glance, Internet information, the chords you are playing, what sounds are on the right and left side of the keyboard, what Style or MIDI file is currently playing, virtual drawbars, score and lyrics. The bottom line is that since it's your window into how the music is being created, you might as well make it a big one.
LAN Port for on-line, on-demand music
You'll need your computer to activate an account, but once that's done, you can browse through Songs and Styles and download music directly into your keyboard, play it, score it and learn it no computer required. All you need is an appropriate high-speed Internet connection (not dial-up) and network, and you have full access to the convenient Internet Direct Connection services.
Virtual Drawbar Organ
PSRS700 DisplayFor that great vintage organ sound, the Organ Flutes on the PSR-S700 use Modeling Technology independently oscillating voices to simulate the rotating tone generation wheels found in classic organs. In true Yamaha fashion, you can select the organ type, control nine virtual drawbars, rotary speed and type, percussive attack and length and vibrato on/off, depth and speed. Then, save your settings and recall your favorite organ voices with one button push.
Ease of operation
* Direct Access Button: Press this button and the function you would like to adjust, for example pitch bend, and the LCD screen instantly takes you there. Saves wading through menus and sub-menus.
* Music Finder: Complete keyboard setups by song title. The keyboard selects an appropriate voice for the right hand melody, the correct musical style and the correct tempo. Simply call up a song title and start playing.
* Quick Record: To record a song, just press the Record button. Recording starts as soon as you start playing the keyboard and will record everything you play the Style, Left & Layer Voices and Multi pads or a single track.
* One Touch Setting (OTS): Provides you with a recommended voice with effects for each Section of each Style (4 per style). Can be set to change automatically or you can select one of the four buttons. For example, on a jazz style, one OTS might be piano, the next jazz guitar with a little echo, the third sax with reverb and the forth might be piano and vibes layered.
* Multi Pads: These four buttons change to match the genre of each Style (or you can change them yourself) and can be used to play a number of short pre-recorded rhythmic and melodic sequences that can be used to add impact and variety to your keyboard playing. Translation: MIDI-Loops.
* Built-in Help: Help messages give you explanations & descriptions of the main functions and features found in the keyboard. Language choices include English, Japanese, German, French, Spanish or Italian.
* Demo: In addition to the main demos showing some of the more advanced features found in the keyboard, there is also a short demo for every sound.
* Mixing Console: To change voices, adjust levels, panning, transpose, tuning, pitch bend and effects on various tracks or parts that you play, simply press the Mixing Console button and make adjustments using graphical representations of rotary pots and faders.
* Registration Memory: Set the keyboard up just the way you like and take a digital snapshot by memorizing it to one of the Registration buttons. Load and save banks of eight registrations to User memory, SmartMedia or USB device. The eight Registration buttons are conveniently located just above the keyboard.
* Performance assistant technology: Guarantees that you can't play a wrong note. Here's how it works. Select an XF compatible song, press the Performance Assistant button and every note you play will fit the music. If you move up the keyboard, the pitch goes up. If you move down, the pitch goes down. Play a perfect arpeggio, or play chords in time with the music, or really go for it and play a solo. As long as performance assistant is "on", you're "on".
PSRS700 Pro Connections
Starting at the upper left, connectivity ports include the following:
* LAN Port for connecting to the Internet
* USB to DEVICE
* USB to HOST
* MIDI In/Out
* Foot Pedal 1/2
* DC IN (PA-300 Adapter included)
* 1/4" R/L Output Jacks
* 1/4" R/L AUX IN Jacks
A Keyboard with more Style
PSRS700 Pro Style Connections
The PSR-S700 features Styles (accompaniment patterns) in a variety of different musical genres including Rock, Jazz, Latin, Country and Dance. As you play chords with your left hand, the selected Style will automatically provide drums, bass, guitar, strings, organ and horn parts. This is live playing at its best. For even greater realism, this keyboard is the first in the line to offer Styles that use MegaVoices.
Dynamic Voices and effects
A keyboard can only sound as good as the speakers that reproduce its sound. The stereo speaker system in the PSR-S700 has been specially designed to faithfully reproduce the powerful dynamics and subtle overtones of the onboard voices and music styles. The keyboard comes with 813 voices, is 96-note polyphonic and has 4 Effects blocks plus Reverb and Chorus. Additional sound features include a selection of special samples called MegaVoice, Sweet!, Live! and Cool! voices. MegaVoices bring incredible realism to the built-in accompaniment
Sweet! voices reproduce all the natural expression and vibrato of their respective acoustic instruments
Cool! voices feature long samples of electronically amplified instruments
Live! voices use stereo samples to ensure the most accurate reproduction of each instrument's natural presence, resonance and vibrato
The PSR-S700 is compatible with commercially available song/style data including:
* GM General MIDI
* XG GM2 General MIDI 2
* XG Yamaha extended Voice set
* GS for GS song playback
* DOC Yamaha Disk Orchestra Collection
* SMF with lyrics Standard MIDI File
* KAR Karaoke files
* XF Songs with lyrics and/or chords
* SFF Yamaha style files