With the Custom Valve 40 already getting rave reviews in the all-tube combo amp market, Traynor has responded to the demand by expanding the Custom Valve guitar amp line with the addition of the 2x12 Celestion loaded combo Custom Valve 80 (YCV80).
- All tube construction with 4 x 5881, 3 x 12AX7A tubes
- Dual 12" Celestion 70/80 speakers
- Separate tone controls for clean and drive channels
- 'Scoop' switch on lead channel for heavy 'boutique amp' lead sound
- 'Expander' switch on rhythm channel for unique variations of clean tone
- DynaSound speakers compensated XLR direct output
- DynaSound compensated headphone output
- Parallel effects loop with trim controls on input and output
Internal Speaker defeat switch for silent practice or direct recording
- DC powered filament supply on preamp tubes for reduced hum
- Long Accutronics reverb springs for authentic vintage sound
Designed and manufactured by Yorkville Sound, the new amplifiers offer more power and new, exciting features while maintaining the reliability and value Traynor users expect.
Two new tone-shaping controls give players unprecedented tonal variety for nearly any vintage tube tone. A 'Scoop' switch on the lead channel adds body for much heavier leads while the 'Expander' switch equalizes certain frequencies on the clean channel to create crystal clear new rhythm sounds often simulating an acoustic-like tone from an electric guitar.
Traynor's new DynaSound direct output makes the amp sound much more like a mic'd cabinet for recording. DynaSound speaker simulation is on both the XLR direct line output and the stereo headphone for a more authentic headphone tone. A speaker defeat switch is provided for silent practice or silent direct recording.
A parallel effects loop with separate input and output trim pots for better overall effects control and a series effects loop (or loop through) between the tube pre-amp and tube power stage give the performer more flexibility over the signal path than found on other amplifiers.
The Custom Valve 80 is vintage Traynor with black vinyl covering and chrome-plated corners, all plywood construction, and a classic front-mounted Traynor logo. The rear mounted control panel is easy to access, yet recessed for protection.
Traynor Custom Valve guitar amplifiers are distributed exclusively in the USA and Canada by Yorkville Sound and are covered under Yorkville's standard two year (even if you break it!) transferable warranty.* The same warranty that Traynor was famous for in the sixties.
* Warranty valid in U.S. and Canada only.
* All tube construction with 4 x 5881, 3 x 12AX7A tubes
* Dual 12 Celestion 70/80 speakers
* Separate tone controls for clean and drive channels
* Scoop switch on lead channel for heavy boutique amp lead sound
* Expander switch on rhythm channel for unique variations of clean tone
* DynaSound speakers compensated XLR direct output
* DynaSound compensated headphone output
* Parallel effects loop with trim controls on input and output
* Internal Speaker defeat switch for silent practice or direct recording
* DC powered filament supply on preamp tubes for reduced hum
* Autobalancing bias supply means no need for matched pairs of output tubes or bias adjustments
* Long Accutronics reverb springs for authentic vintage sound
* Fully regulated power supply for ultra low noise
* Conservatively driven output for extended tube life
* Additional loop-through serial effects loop
* 80 great big loud tube watts not the little tiny solid state ones.
All Tube Guitar Combos Series Overview
North American built all-tube Traynor guitar amplifier combos deliver maximum versatility and superior all tube tone. Careful attention to detail during the design stage and quality component selection during manufacturing ensures years of unmatched reliability and sonic versatility.
Traynor guitar combos are made with a solid plywood cabinet construction. We believe MDF (medium density fiberboard) or particleboard often used by other manufacturers cant deliver great guitar tone or a long rattle-free life. A full metal grille under our grille cloths protect the Celestion speakers. Heavy gauge all-metal box chassis protect electronic components in every model.
Were so sure of the design and our manufacturing prowess that all Traynor guitar amplifiers are covered with a two-year unlimited warranty.*
All Tube Guitar Combos Series Characteristics
* Solid all-plywood cabinet construction for outstanding reliability and tone.
* Quality component selection.
* Heavy gauge perforated all metal grille with cloth cover to protect speakers (YCV series only).
* All-metal box chassis to protect electronics components and tubes.
* All tube audio signal path
* Fully regulated power supply with tube rectifier emulation.
* Dual color power / standby status light.
TypeTube Guitar Amplifier
Cabinet Program Power (Watts)80
Cabinet Impedance (Ohms)4
Minimum Impedance (Ohms)2
Speaker Configuration - LF (Size / Power)2 x 12 inch Celestion 70/80
Channel 1 - inputs1/4 inch phone
Channel 1 - controlsGain, Volume,Treble, Mid, Bass
Channel 1 - switchesBoost, Scoop
Channel 2 - inputsShares Ch 1 input
Channel 2 - controlsVolume, Treble, Mid, Bass
Channel 2 - switchesChannel Select, Brightness, Expander
Line Out (type / configuration)Speaker Compensated XLR Balanced
Effects Loop / LocationYes / Rear
Effects Footswitch / FunctionYes / Channel Select, Boost
Internal Reverb / EffectsAccutronics Spring Reverb
External speaker output / locationYes / rear
Other FeaturesStandby Switch, Auto tube matching circuit, DC filaments on preamp tubes, Headphone jacks, Speaker defeat switch, Perforated Steel Grille
Dimensions (DWH, inches)9.5 x 26.5 x 20
Dimensions (DWH, cm)24 x 67 x 51
Weight (lbs / kg)65 / 29
*Specifications subject to change without notice