Ovation 1866 Legend
Quick, balanced response. Clean sustained projection. The Legend is traditional only in its appearance. The Lyrachord composite body allows us to do away with the sound-absorbent body bracing that inhibits even the highest quality flatback guitars. Plug it in and you'll find that its acoustic "beefiness" is accentuated by its highly sensitive OP-24+C preamp. More sound. Less work. Set after set. Night after night.
Hand Inlaid Craftsmanship
The centerpiece of the Legend's AA grade solid Sitka spruce top is this hand-inlaid rosette with its ring of crossed oak leaf adornments. The ebony bridge provides the intonation compensating saddle with a nearly granite foundation.
Ovation Necks - Like a Rock
Building a neck of peerless stability requires going the extra mile. The select mahogany center and outer laminations are set in alternating grain directions. Sandwiched between them are layers of rock maple. The result ñ a superbly solid structure that accentuates brightness of tone.
Steel or Nylon String Options
The Legend is equally as effective in steel string, nylon string or 12-string configurations. The same style and acoustic performance comes through no matter which you prefer.
Body Type: S/Shallow C/A
Top: AA Grade Solid Sitka spruce
Bracing: Ovation A
Scale Length: 25 1/4
Fret Inlay: Mother of Pearl
Rosette: Inlaid Oakleaf
Nutwidth: 1 7/8
Machines: Gold Ovation
- VOLUME: Adjusts the overall output level of the preamp.
- BASS: Adds or subtracts the low frequency content of the signal.
- MID: Controls the amount of a broad range of frequencies in the middle of the sound spectrum of the guitar.
- MID1: Controls the amount of power in lower middle frequencies.
- MID2: Controls the amount of power in upper middle frequencies.
- TREBLE: Adds or subtracts the high frequency content of the signal.
- EQ IN/OUT: Engages or bypasses the EQ controls.
- PRESHAPE: Engages or bypasses a fixed tone enhancement circuit.
- MID SHIFT: Moves the center frequency of the midrange control.
- NOTCH SW: Enables or disables the Notch Filter (see ).
- NOTCH POT: This control is used to tune a very sharp and deep filter designed to reduce feedback when using high-gain amplification. At a high volume level, your guitar may “feedback” causing a low, steady tone to come from your speakers. With the notch filter enabled, slowly tune this control to the feedback frequency (CW=higher frequency, CCW=lower frequency) until the feedback is reduced.
- TUNE/CAL: This switch turns on the built-in tuner for approximately 60 seconds. Press a second time while playing a note and this pitch will become the calibration point for operation (handy when tuning to an “out-of tune” instrument). During the tuning operation the guitar output will be muted. If you finish tuning prior to the 60 second timer returning the tuner to idle (and un-mute), you may press this button again to manually return the preamp to normal operation.
- TUNER LEDs: These LEDs indicate the note being played and whether it’s sharp or flat. Tune string up or down until the LED lights.
- BAT: When steadily illuminated, indicates that the battery is low and should be changed soon. Also intermittently flashes when plug is inserted into jack to confirm normal operation.
- RELEASE: Pressing this button will release the module from its receptacle. Use this button to access to the battery compartment.
- MODULE: The preamp is housed within this module and mates to the receptacle mounted in the body. Remove this module to gain access to the battery compartment. See the illustration below for instructions on replacing the battery.
The XLR jack on the OP-50 gives you a professional, balanced line connection to mixers and high-end acoustic amps. The phantom power capability allows your mixer to power the preamp. Any XLR cable with a ground-to-shell connection (Ovation P/N 9658-0) is required for the auto power-on function. A "dummy plug" (Ovation P/N 9659-0) inserted into the 1/4" jack can be used instead, if the proper XLR cable is not available.
The 1/4" jack on all models provides an unbalanced, line-level connection to most any amplification system. Inserting a plug into this jack also turns on the preamp system. Please note that the tuner is functional without any connection.
PLEASE NOTE: We cannot ship Ovation products outside the U.S. and its territories.
Ovation 1866 Legend S/Shallow Guitar Black
You might also like:
Write the first Review of this product!
Our Happy Customers
"Walt. Just wanted to let you know the Larrivee LO3 arrived on time in Wichita and my son absolutely loves it. This ax is an exceptional bargain for the price. The action is set just right and it has a great tone and full sound. I've played guitars costing 3 to 4 times as much; this one easily stacks up against many of them. All in all I am a very satisfied customer and appreciate your assistance on this purchase and will recommend your company to others. Zeb "